Monday, October 10, 2005

Trifecta for the day.

Here's a couple interesting hands from my afternoon session. Maybe Lee read my letter already? I'll reserve judgement on that. He has a knack for yanking my nut hairs out.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter


Preflop: Hero is BB with Jd, Js.

UTG calls, 1 fold, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero raises, UTG calls, CO calls, Button 3-bets, SB folds, Hero caps, UTG folds, CO folds, Button calls.


Flop: (13 SB) 2h, Kh, As (2 players)

Hero bets, Button raises, Hero calls.


Turn: (8.50 BB) 3d (2 players)

Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.


River: (10.50 BB) 6c (2 players)

Hero checks, Button checks.


Final Pot: 10.50 BB


Results in white below:

Hero has Jd Js (one pair, jacks).

Button has 5s Qs (high card, ace).

Outcome: Hero wins 10.50 BB.


Who says only good players play at Stars. Limp re-raising with Q5s? I'm kind of glad he did because it let me weed out the over cards that had originally called.

Here's a nice heads up hand (for me):

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (2 handed) converter


Preflop: Hero is Button with 8d, 8c. Hero posts a blind of $2.

BB raises, Hero (poster) 3-bets, BB caps, Hero calls.


Flop: (8 SB) 7d, 5c, Jc (2 players)

BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.


Turn: (7 BB) 8s (2 players)

BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, BB calls.


River: (15 BB) 2h (2 players)

BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.


Final Pot: 19 BB


Results in white below:

BB has Kh Kd (one pair, kings).

Hero has 8d 8c (three of a kind, eights).

Outcome: Hero wins 19 BB.


Nice suckout for my biggest pot yet. Anyone play that one differently heads up? He complained, but there's no way I'm not going to see a showdown with that hand and that board (even without the 8 on the turn).

So, my afternoon session went well today. I played a little $2/4 full and $3/6 6 max on Party and had a nice winning session. Then some $2/4 short on Poker Stars for a nice win.

I'm about 1/7th of the way to clearing my bonus at Stars. I should have that thing cleared either by tonight or tomorrow night. Then I'm going to start on the Empire bonus that begins tomorrow. 100% up to $100.

Posted by Predator314 at 11:12 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment