Thursday, October 13, 2005

Brides Maids
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yesterday was our big day on the Wednesday night bowling league. We hit the final week of quarter #1 with a 4 point lead over two fantastic teams. Of course we drew the better team. All we needed to do is win 2 games to guarantee our victory.

In game 1 I started off really poorly, opening up in my first 2 frames. I finally get things lined out and finish the rest of the game clean with a couple strikes and a score of 172. However, a couple of our players also started out poorly and never could get things squared away. We lost the first game by 145 pins. Not good.

In game 2 I made an adjustment because I just couldn't get my ball in the pocket. The adjustment worked out great and I cruised to a game of 201. The whole team bowled better in game #2 and we had a nice score. However, the other team bowled their asses off and beat us by like 75 more pins.

At this point, the only way we can win the quarter is to win the last game by about 220 pins. We could also just win the final game and tie for the quarter with that team. We bowled our asses off in game #3. I had another good game and a score of 200 even giving me a 573 series. My best in a Wednesday night league. However, the other team bowled great again. But this time we beat them, but only by like 50 pins.

Ok...i'm pumped up for a tie breaker. I know I got another 200 game in me. Pffft. Remember the other 2nd place team? They took all 8 points against their opponents and squeaked in ahead of both of us. So we end up tied for 2nd place. It's still going to be a decent payday, but I wanted that win.

We bowled shitty in game 1, but games 2 and 3 were above par for us. We just couldn't catch any breaks. We kept tossing up splits over and over. The other team would leave a split and then one of the pins would just fall 5 seconds later. It was like that all night long.

We will win a quarter this year. Our team is too good not to.

Another thing that left a bad taste in my mouth from last night was the sportsmanship of the team we were playing last night. They really had a good time dancing around, hooting, hollering every time they would throw a shit ball and it ended up getting a strike. These guys were all in their 50's and 60's. Our ages are 25,23,28,28,33. Who do you think they cocky bastards would be? I finally got fed up to one point where I just told the one guy "You can dance all you want. You're not beating me tonight". And he didn't. I beat him all 3 games.

On to poker. Yesterday was a great day for me for poker. Not great because I won a lot of money. Although that would have been nice. Just great because of how I handled myself.

Of course we all know by now that Poker Stars hates me. That much is a given. Even though they hate me, I still play there. Right now I'm trying to clear the $150 bonus. I only have a few more hands to do that.

I played 800 hands yesterday. During the first 600 or so, I was getting hammered. You name it, it happened. Bad beats, dead cards, action flops, etc. Just one of those days.

I never tilted though. I did get mildly aggravated at some of the beats I was taking, but just for a minute or 2, then back to poker.

Then something happened. In those last 200 hands, the cards started to fall for me. Before long, I had taken my potential -100BB day and turned it into a +5BB win.

I think my short handed game can only get better after yesterday. Sometimes I wonder if my brain can handle the short handed swings. It's not there yet, but getting there as my bankroll swells. I cushiony bankroll really helps reduce tilt.

Tonight, I've got only one small errand to run, then I'm gonna fire up some poker. The bad beat jackpot on Party is at $475,000 and counting. So I figure I'll 6-8 table the BBJ $2/4's tonight. It ought to be nice and juicy. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.

I also vow to play 1000 hands of poker tonight. I'll probably split it up and play 2 500 hand sessions.

Posted by Predator314 at 6:00 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment