Friday, February 03, 2006

I'm going to move up in limits for real this time. I'll wait until after my challenge is over. My bankroll can really withstand playing $5/10 right now, but I'm overhauling my game and paying bills with poker money at the same time, so that's why I've been slumming it at the $2/4 tables.

The problem with $2/4 is that I can make enough money to pay all my bills, but my bankroll just isn't growing. Now that I'm back on the rakeback wagon and playing good poker and getting a bunch of hands in, I'll have plenty saved up to go to the $3/6 games.

One other reason, I've been playing $2/4 instead of $3/6 is because table selection is much easier. Good tables are more difficult to come by in the $3/6 level. However, there are plenty of retards in this world, so I'm sure I can find some decent ones.

I'm going to stick with the full ring game tables for right now. I'm burnt out on short handed play and the swings I endure. I was looking at my stats for $3/6 (full) last year. I had over 110,000 hands at that limit with a 2.87 BB/100 win rate. That's $18,000+. I need to quit cashing out and buying guitars and homes and shit.

So, I'm not going to make any cashouts unless it is an emergency. I want my bankroll to grow so I can play the higher stakes.... where they respect my raises (sarcasm for the humor impaired). I don't know if the $15/30 games are as juicy as they once were, but I want to give them a shot. That's a long way off though and I've got points in my game that still need work.

Here's a long term plan to summarize things:

1.) Finish my 30K in 30 days challenge
2.) Move up to $3/6 and play at least 100,000 hands
3.) Move up to $5/10 (probably 6 max) and take shots at the $15/30.

Right now I'm focusing on figuring out how to squeeze in 25,000+ hands by the end of this month.

This evening, I'm going to hit the tables as soon as I get home from work. I can get at least 2 hours of play in before I hit The Club for some musical goodness. I probably won't get to play any afterwards because I want to get a good night's rest for tomorrow's big bowling tournament. It all depends on how long it takes me to get fed up with the drunks. I'm too old for bars anymore. The only time I go is when there is some good live music.

Speaking of music, I want to plug these guys: JC/BC. They are an acoustical, classic rock cover band. However, some of the members are also part of the rock band, A Noted Author. There are some songs to listen to on the "A Noted Author" page and also on the lead singer, Bob Campion's page.

Posted by Predator314 at 6:09 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment