Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Fuck me. I didn't play a single hand of poker last night. I had a monsterous headache when I got home and all I wanted to do was sleep. So, I'll just have to make up for the extra hands by playing more hands in the upcoming days.

I knew when I set this challenge for myself that there was no way I could sit down for 30 days in a row and play exactly 1000 hands a day. I just need to get some 2000 hand days in on the weekends and maybe sneak in 1500 hands here and there. So, I'm behind pace, but only by about 800 hands or so. I don't have the exact stats here at work.

I did watch the High Stakes Poker on GSN last night. That is probably the best piece of poker TV on right now. It kicks the shit out of any tournament poker I've seen on TV. Plus Gabe Kaplan is actually a good host.

Some notes of intrest from last nights shows (I watched the re-run of last week too):

- Daniel Negreanu is the man. His reading skills are excellent. I'm not talking about the 9-2 hand either (that was scary), but in particular the way he played the 3-7 offsuit hand and the way he played the K9 suited hand where Barry Greenstein rivered him.

- Jerry Buss is weak tighty. No way he can be a winning player.

- That Shiek guy is in dire need of an ass whoopin'. How the hell does this guy have enough bankroll to be playing that game anyway?

- I think the Dr. guy is one of the fish at the table.

- When Sammy Farha sits down, he creates action. But let's be honest, this guy played like a donkey last night. It's just a matter of time before he gets busted.

- Doyle is a sourpuss. I also have a feeling he's become somewhat of a fish in his old age.

- I think Jen Harman is slightly "out classed" at this table playing No Limit. Don't get me wrong, she's an excellent player, but if they were playing limit games, she would be back even with the field or slightly above the rest.

I really like the cash game on TV thing. I wish they would just stick a camera over table #1 at the Bellagio and let us watch the "Big Game". I would rather see their regular game than just a no limit holdem game. Especially the 2-7 triple draw which I've fell in love with at UB, but try to stay away from it.

I also wish they would give us some more info on the prop bets that are going on.

Posted by Predator314 at 6:17 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment