Sunday, January 29, 2006

Boo yah! Practice and determination finally paid off tonight. I've been saying all week how 2nd place wasn't good enough. I wanted to win that bowling tournament.

I started out slow in the qualifying tonight, throwing 3 splits in the first 5 frames. It was looking grim. Finally, I kept my composure and threw some strikes to finish with a 174. In the 2nd game, I bowled a 220. Good game. I kept a clean sheet in that one. The last game of qualifying... well... I had no ball reaction and bowled a 145...bleh. However, with my handicap, I was able to qualify 4th and made it to match play.

My first match was a good one. I had a few pins handicap on the guy. I started off throwing 2 tanks which left ringing 10 pins. I went a little on tilt. Finally, I strung together some strikes late to come back and bowl a 202. The other guy bowled a 203, but with my handicap, I won.

In the semi-finals, I had to bowl my good friend and teamate. That was a bad beat. I started off strong and finished poorly, throwing a 188. It was good enough to win though as my friend bowled a 171.

In the finals, I got a kid that had beat me before. We were close to even on the handicap. I started off with a split...wait... the 5 pin fell just before the pinsetter came down, leaving just the 7. I then threw a 5 bagger and stayed clean up to the 10th, which I opened after leaving a 10 pin and missing it. I finished with a 203, forcing my opponent to strike out to beat me. He didn't and I am the new king of the hill.

Hopefully, I can carry this momentum into next Saturday's tournament and take home that $1500 prize. Wish me luck.

Posted by Predator314 at 7:15 PM  

2 comments:

What is your average score? What does this translate into as a handicap.

Signed
Uneducated bowler

Anonymous said...
11:46 AM  

My average is currently 171.

Predator314 said...
7:25 AM  

Post a Comment