Sunday, January 29, 2006

I've played an additional 502 hands since my last post. And, happily, I've continued my winning ways. I was way up during this session, but then I had aces get cracked twice within 5 minutes. Both to runner runner flushes.

My heart skipped a beat on one hand though. I was playing the bad beat jackpot tables when this hand came up:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Ad, Jd.

UTG raises, 1 fold, Hero calls, 2 folds, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Kd, Qd, Td (5 players)

SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6d (3 players)

UTG checks, Hero bets, CO calls, UTG calls.

River: (9.50 BB) Qc (3 players)

UTG checks, Hero bets, CO folds, UTG raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

Results in white below:

UTG has Ks Kh (full house, kings full of queens).

Hero has Ad Jd (straight flush, ace high).

Outcome: Hero wins 17.50 BB.


I'm not entirely happy with the way I played the hand. In hindsight, I guess I should have 3 bet before the flop. Had it been AJ offsuit, I would have folded. AJ suited is one of those in-betweener hands to me. However, this guy turned out to be a LAG with a good hand, so I could have gotten more out of it. Anyway, I was so excited to see that river card, especially when we went into a raising war. I was screaming at the top of my lungs "QUEENS QUEENS QUEENS". The BBJ wasn't that high, but I would have received about $12,000 if he would have turned over quad queens.

Anyway, I'm gonna go shower and watch some bowling. Then I'll be back on the tables this afternoon. I gotta get my hands in early today because I have a bowling tournament tonight. Last week I got 2nd in the tournament. This week, I'm wanting first badly. Wish me luck.

Stats:

Hands: 2,819 (27,181 remaining)
Pace: +819
Win Rate: +0.69 BB/100
Days Remaining: 28

Posted by Predator314 at 8:04 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment