Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Things are finally starting to turn around on the poker tables. I got a decent session in this evening, playing 534 hands and winning about 40 BB's. It was a disappointing win though. I was a fucking card rack today. However, like usual, I was getting runner runnered to death.

The games on Poker Stars are fantastic right now. I'm having a hard time playing anywhere else, including sites where I get rakeback.

Here are some highlights from the evening:

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Ac, 5c. MP posts a blind of $2.

1 fold, MP (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Tc, 2c, 5s (4 players)

Hero checks, BB bets, MP calls, Button folds, Hero raises, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 4c (3 players)

Hero bets, BB raises, MP folds, Hero 3-bets, BB caps, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) Kh (2 players)

Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Results in white below:

Hero has Ac 5c (flush, ace high).

BB has Ah 3h (straight, five high).

Outcome: Hero wins 19 BB.


Stone cold nuts bitches.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Kd, Qd.

1 fold, MP calls, Hero raises, 1 fold, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Td, 2d, Ks (3 players)

SB bets, MP calls, Hero raises, SB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Qs (3 players)

SB checks, MP checks, Hero bets, SB raises, MP folds, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) 4d (2 players)

SB bets, Hero raises, SB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below:

SB has Qh Kc (two pair, kings and queens).

Hero has Kd Qd (flush, king high).

Outcome: Hero wins 16 BB.


I do get lucky once in a while. I was scared to 3 bet on the turn because it was getting beat to death at the time and the guy was playing fairly straight forward, so I had him on QQ.

And now, the not so pretty:

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Ac, Ad.

UTG raises, 2 folds, Button 3-bets, 1 fold, Hero caps, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) Ts, 9h, 6s (3 players)

Hero bets, UTG calls, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG folds, Button calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 6h (2 players)

Hero bets, Button calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 8h (2 players)

Hero bets, Button raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Results in white below:

Hero has Ac Ad (two pair, aces and sixes).

Button has Kh Ah (flush, ace high).

Outcome: Button wins 15.75 BB.


I damn near folded to that river raise, but ... well, I didn't

and finally... my favorite hand of the evening. This guy was beating me to death early, but then I finally started taking every dime he had. This was the nail in the coffin:

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Kd, Tc.

2 folds, CO calls, Hero raises, 2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 8s, 3s, 8d (2 players)

CO checks, Hero bets, CO calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 8c (2 players)

CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.75 BB) 4c (2 players)

CO bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

Results in white below:

CO has 5c 9c (three of a kind, eights).

Hero has Kd Tc (three of a kind, eights).

Outcome: Hero wins 5.75 BB.


LOL, then I got a nice lesson on poker in the chat window. I just told him that I stared into his soul. Actually I just insta-called, because I knew he was gonna bluff at it.

So, I have some cleaning up to do tomorrow and then on Friday, I need to rent a shampoo'er for my carpet and it looks like Saturday is the official day for the start of my challenge. Maybe Sunday depending on if everything is moved back to its normal place.

Posted by Predator314 at 5:18 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment