Monday, January 23, 2006

Ok, one more post for the day and it's poker related! Yay!

Every now and then, usually on a monthly basis, I will post my goals for the month and/or year. However, I normally set these goals too high. Now I have become accustomed to not reaching my goals and it does not bother me like it used to.

So this post is to not state a goal, but a challenge. Some sort of motivation for me to play.

My challenge is going to be for the next 30 days, play 30,000 hands of poker. That's an average of 1,000 hands per day for those of you that can't divide. Not only do I challenge myself to get in all these hands, but I'm going to shoot for a 2.0BB/100 win-rate in the process. All of these hands will be played at the $2/4 limit. More than likely short handed.

I wanted to add the 2.0BB/100 stipulation, because I'm trying to actually improve my game and stay out of "autopilot" mode while I play.

Now let's work the numbers:

Goals:
30,000 Hands
2.0 BB/100 Hands

Results if the goal is obtained: +$2400 to the bankroll not counting rakeback.

The extra $2400 plus rakeback will be an awesome shot into the arm of my bankroll. It will also allow for me to move up, and I'll have a since of accomplishment. I won about that much in both October and November, but I was running extremely hot those 2 months and didn't get nowhere near 30,000 played hands for either month.

There's only 1 drawback. I'm not starting the challenge right now. It will probably start sometime this week. I have to get moved back in before I can start.

I just need to start playing more. My motivation is back to play, however, I'm just not making the time to play. I also need to get my brain used to playing 1000+ hands a day. I used to do it all the time, but now it just seems like I'm having difficulties. However, if I want to meet my yearly goal of poker winnings exceeding my salary, I'm going to have to play A LOT more.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I don't intend to cash out any of my winnings this year unless it is for an emergency? That's not a goal or a challenge, just an intention.

Posted by Predator314 at 8:28 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment