Tuesday, November 29, 2005

No play again last night. I've been battling a cold and just didn't feel like doing anything but covering up and watching TV. I ended up watching wrestling last night just to see the fallout of the Survivor Series and to see what this year's "screwjob" was. For those of you that don't watch wrestling, Survivor Series is the event where Vince McMahon screwed Bret Hart out of his title sending him to the WCW and pretty much ending his career. Ever since then, the event has some sort of staged screwjob.

Anyway, some good points from last night's show:

1.) Vince was in the house. That man is my hero
2.) Shane McMcMahon looks like he will be taking over Raw. Shane O'Mac is cool too.
3.) Kurt Angle is the hardest working player in the business now. Give him the damn title already.
4.) Joey Styles is the best announcer ever.

Bad points:
1.) John Cena. This guy is a joke and I wish he would fade away.
2.) No Stephanie McMahon. She's got some tig ol' bitties.

Enough of that. I'm gonna take a week or so off from poker to work on some other things. First, I've got some things that need fixed around the house. Also, I have a meeting with a financial advisor this evening, so I can set up a retirement fund and not have to sit here at this crappy desk every day banging out blogger posts and COBOL code. Who the fuck uses COBOL anymore? I get a few grand from my job to invest, plus I've taken a couple grand out of the bankroll to invest as well. Better than spending it on any of the Christmas items I listed yesterday.

I've also taken out some money for Christmas related expenses. This means that the bankroll is a whole lot thinner these days. However, I've left enough in there for a good $2/4 6 max bankroll. I hated to do it because I was really wanting to stay at $3/6 and possibly move to $5/10 soon. However, I still have some costly flaws in my game that I should iron out before moving up.

I think I'm gonna take a few days off before hitting the tables again. I've been getting burnt out lately and every time I sit down at a table, I'm ready to go do something else. My mind starts wandering and that can be costly. So I'm gonna go pick up a game to occupy some time this evening. I think I'm gonna grab Mario Kart DS. I have a grand total of about 1 hour played on my Nintendo DS, so I think it could use a little love.

After I regroup and hit the tables again, I'll probably be playing mostly on Full Tilt. It's quickly became my 2nd favorite site. However, my #1 favorite doesn't allow rakeback, so Full Tilt will get my play this month. I have 1 goal for the month: FREEROLL CHRISTMAS!.

Posted by Predator314 at 8:54 AM  

2 comments:

Hi Wes, love the blog. I did have a question about how you handled the tax issue on your big score. Did you just lump all win/losses together, or did you break them out by day? Someone told me that's what I had to do, but that seems weird.

I don't want the IRS coming a year or so down the line, knocking on my door saying i didn't pay enough (that interest/penalty can add up quick) so I wondered how you handled it.

Thanks,

Shane

Anonymous said...
1:55 PM  

I used this book as a guide:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0818406321/ref=ase_themaroon-20/103-3518941-9313464?s=books&v=glance&n=283155&tagActionCode=themaroon-20

Plus my mother has been a tax preparer for many years. I'm pretty ignorant on the matter. However, I did give her my spreadsheet that I keep with daily win/loss and withdraw stats.

Predator314 said...
5:33 AM  

Post a Comment