Friday, October 07, 2005

Tomahawk Chop Anyone?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Congrats on the Braves for winning game 2 against the Astros last night. John Smoltz was amazing. I've been a Braves fan for as long as I can remember. I used to love watch Murphy and Horner jack home runs in front of 1200 fans as they cruised to a 50-112 record. However, this year's Braves team is one of my favorites. They have youth and a lot of charisma. I love to see a team get pumped up. Last night was the most pumped up I've seen the Braves in a playoff game since 1992 when Sid Bream scored on the Franc Cabrera single in the bottom of the 9th to beat the Pirates in the NLCS game 7.

Now, onto poker. I didn't play as much last night as I intended. I was just in a pretty shitty mood all around. It seemed like everywhere I turned, someone irritated me. This is not a poker mindset. Plus I had to do some grocery shopping and run a couple other errands. I also fixed my first burrito dinner for myself. It was scrumpdillyicous. By the time I did all this, all my play was done during the Braves game. I couldn't keep my attention off the game long enough to play.

I did manage to grind out 600+ hands for a loss of about $7. However, this morning, I was single tabling the $3/6 6 max using my tiltblocker software. After what I thought was a mediocre session, I closed tilt blocker to reveal a nice win.

I was just checking out the weather forecast for this weekend. Looks pretty shitty. This means more poker. I don't have any plans tonight other than washing dishes and maybe a few loads of clothes. So it looks like I'll have plenty of time for poker.

Tomorrow is a live Moose tournament that I haven't played in since last spring. I'm gonna run that tomorrow. However, I used to have a running partner in these things. Not anymore, he works Saturdays cleaning the scum off our streets :) Actually, I think he just puts on his uniform and cruises for chicks, but who cares?

This tournament is really juicy. 1.) There is no juice, 100% payout. 2.) There is not a single good poker player in the building. It's a pure donkfest.

However, there are a few downsides to this tournament. 1.) It's sort of a No Limit HORSE tourney. All the games are no limit, but it's dealer's choice. Dealer can deal Texas Holdem, Omaha (Hi only), 7 card stud, 5 card stud. 2.) You don't play until there's one person standing. You play until 6:00pm (tourney starts at 12:00pm). At that time, payouts are done by chip count. The good news there is that usually only 5 or 6 are left by that time. So if you survive until 6, you got a good chance.

Now, in this tournament, they pay the top 5 places. There's usually 30-35 entries. The good money, however, is the top 3 places. You gotta play for those places or you might as well not even show up. Entry fee for this tournament is $100 plus an optional $50 rebuy. I just give them $150 off the bat so I can outchip most of the crowd. About 90% of the entries rebuy as necessary.

My strategy in these things is to play it safe early and use position to my advantage. In the latter stages of the tournament, we usually are short handed. This is where I turn up the aggrometer and go into "steal" mode. These guys usually won't play back at you until they actually have a lock on the hand.

If I win that tournament, I could almost double my bankroll which would be SUPER! I'll post a report here this weekend.

Posted by Predator314 at 8:48 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment