Monday, October 03, 2005

I'm off to a slow start in October. I just haven't played all that much poker so far. I've played maybe 300 or 400 hands of limit. I have played in quite a few tournaments though. I've been doing decent, getting deep, even a few cashes. There have also been some frustrating bubble outs.

The most frustrating was last night, we are getting near the money on the $5000 Empire tournament. I'm the the BB with 3 or 4 limpers to me. I raise it up to something like 10 times the BB. Some donk from late/middle position limp-reraises all in. I was pretty much committed at this point and had a hard time giving the guy credit for a limp reraise with pocket aces. I called, he had pocket 2's and of course they held up. That's got to be single handedly one of the worst plays I've seen in a while. This guy had quite a few chips and had he lost that hand, would have been close to the felt. He was tossing a coin AT THE VERY BEST!

Tournaments are boring, so I played some sit n goes to pass the time. I played 6 on Saturday and ended up with 1 first, 2 second, 2 third, and a 4th. I played a couple more yesterday and didn't win anything. Then I played in 2 more last night while sweating the final table on Pokerstars $500,000. I got 1st in both of those.

Tonight, I bowl immediately after work. I'll probably try to grind out 700-1000 hands after bowling depending on my mood.

Posted by Predator314 at 8:57 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment