Monday, October 03, 2005

One more post for the day.

I put in an afternoon session on the $3/6 6 max. I did this because I'm sick and demented and like torturing myself during the day. I love these tables. It's pure entertainment to see the plays these guys make. Here is an example:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter


Preflop: Hero is CO with As, 7s.

1 fold, MP calls, Hero raises, Button calls, 1 fold, BB calls, MP calls.


Flop: (8.33 SB) 6s, Ts, 9d (4 players)

BB checks, MP bets, Hero raises, Button calls, BB folds, MP calls.


Turn: (7.16 BB) Ks (3 players)

MP bets, Hero raises, Button calls, MP calls.


River: (13.16 BB) Td (3 players)

MP checks, Hero bets, Button calls, MP calls.


Final Pot: 16.16 BB


Results in white below:

MP has Ad Js (one pair, tens).

Hero has As 7s (flush, ace high).

Button has Kh Qs (two pair, kings and tens).

Outcome: Hero wins 16.16 BB.


I was very fortunate to find this table. I was seated to the left of a complete donkey and then to the right was a more aggressive donkey who seemed to have preflop hand selection down (well, close enough), but no idea what to do after the flop (as you can see in the hand above).

My preflop raise was an isolation raise. I wanted to be heads up on donkey #1 with position. He's been donating to me already with some seriously dumb plays. One time he was in the small blind with a limper from Middle position, he limps with Aces from the small blind, I check with 6-10 offsuit. Flop comes 6,6,x. Ship it.

This time, he again limps with a premium hand. My hand, is not so premium, but being in the cut-off with 1 limper, it's worth a raise because I figure it's better than his most of the time.

So the flop is great for me. It gives me the nut flush draw plus an inside straight draw. I'm liking my hand. He lead into me without catching a piece. I raised to get my free river.

The turn is a beautiful spade giving me the nuts. He lead out again, I raised. I figured that would be all the free money I get from donkey #2. Amazingly, he calls too.

The river paired the board which made me unhappy. However, I wasn't letting up. One more value bet and I get paid off by 2 donkeys. That's how this game is supposed to work.

Oh yeah... notice that donkey #1 had Ace high.

Here's another hand with this guy:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter


Preflop: Hero is SB with Ts, 9s.

1 fold, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.


Flop: (3 SB) 9c, 9h, 9d (3 players)

Hero bets, BB calls, Button calls.


Turn: (3 BB) 6c (3 players)

Hero bets, BB folds, Button calls.


River: (5 BB) Kc (2 players)

Hero bets, Button calls.


Final Pot: 7 BB


Results in white below:

Hero has Ts 9s (four of a kind, nines).

Button has 8c Qc (flush, king high).

Outcome: Hero wins 7 BB.


No way I need to slow play this hand. If I could rely on the guy behind me to bet, I would have check-raised the flop. However, i figured it would be a fairly safe bet that one of these guys would hang with me to the river. Hey and guess what!? Super donkey caught a runner runner flush on me!

As you can see, I ran pretty well for my session and once again have recouped all my downswing losses from last week. Now, if somehow I could just figure out how to make it stay and have a nice upswing.

Posted by Predator314 at 11:41 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment