Friday, October 21, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Mr. Jones over at Poker Stars decided he wanted to turn my doom button on last night. I played 4 sit n goes. I took the big Oh-fer.

All sit n goes were 9 handed $16 turbos. In sit n go #1, it's fairly early. I'm in the small blind with AK. A couple limpers and then the button raises to like 4 or 5 times the big blind. I cold call so I can get away from the hand and fight another day.

Flop: A,K,Q rainbow.

Checked around to the raiser. He bet roughly the size of the pot. I check raise all in. Folded to the raiser who instantly calls with...... AJ offsuit. Total domination.

Turn: rag
River: 10 giving him the straight and giving me the door.

#2. I lose a coin flip with everyone at the table, but the blinds at 50/100. I push with QK on the next hand and triple up. I eventually take the chip lead, but fall to 2nd in chips with 4 left. I try a few blind steals, but the chip leader pushed on me both times. I get pocket Jacks on the button. Standard raise. Chip leader pushes again! I call. He has Queens. I have a bubble finish.

#3. Nothing major happened had happened and the blinds were going up, so I wasn't desparate, but I wasn't going to be able to cruise to the money. I get AK in the cutoff. 2 limpers and a pre-flop raise. I shove. Big blind calls with 6-8 offsuit (m'kay), pre-flop raiser calls almost all of his chips with ... that's right ... AJ offsuit. The turn brought a jack and I'm out of that one.

#4. About the same as last game. The blinds are getting up there and I don't have enough chips to cruise to the money. I get QQ in late/middle position. 50,000 limpers in front. I push. I'm called by A-8 offsuit. The river Ace had me tossing my new Mx1000 mouse across the room.

TILT!

In hand #1, I'm roughly a 5.6 to 1 favorite. In hand #2, I was a 4 to 1 dog, but I can't see myself playing it any differently. In hand #3 I was roughly 2:1 favorite. Hand #4, I'm roughly 2.5 to 1 favorite. I can't complain. Just one of those nights.

All was not so bad though. I did play some ring games on Full Tilt to try to clear the remaining $50 in bonus I have left. I ended up recouping my sit n go losses here.

I haven't played a lot so far today, but this hand sure was cute:



FullTiltPoker Game #260126165: Table Baltimore (6 max) - $3/$6 - Limit Hold'em - 16:07:48 ET - 2005/10/21

Seat 1: grinders101 ($55.50)

Seat 2: bummer56 ($130)

Seat 3: Owen Money ($91.50)

Seat 4: sendit2fbt ($275)

Seat 5: Hero ($205)

Seat 6: Badturn ($101)

grinders101 posts the small blind of $1.50

bummer56 posts the big blind of $3

The button is in seat #6


Holecards:

Dealt to Hero [ ]

Owen Money folds

sendit2fbt folds

Hero raises to $6

Badturn folds

grinders101 has 15 seconds left to act

grinders101 calls $4.50

bummer56 folds


Flop :
[ ]

grinders101 checks

Hero bets $3

grinders101 calls $3


Turn:
[ ] [ ]

grinders101 checks

Hero bets $6

grinders101 calls $6


River:
[ ] [ ]

grinders101 checks

Hero bets $6

grinders101 calls $6


Showdown:

Hero shows [ ] (four of a kind, Queens)

grinders101 mucks

Hero wins the pot ($43) with four of a kind, Queens


SUMMARY:

Total pot $45 | Rake $2

Board:
[ ]

Seat 1: grinders101 (small blind) mucked [ ] - a full house Queens full of Sevens

Seat 2: bummer56 (big blind) folded before the Flop

Seat 3: Owen Money didn't bet (folded)

Seat 4: sendit2fbt didn't bet (folded)

Seat 5: Hero showed [ ] and won ($43) with four of a kind Queens

Seat 6: Badturn (button) didn't bet (folded)


My gameplan tonight depends on the weather. No Rain = Football game, then home to play some cash games. Rain = Walmart to buy an Xbox game and play in Wil Wheaton's tournament on Stars. It's raining right now.

Posted by Predator314 at 1:23 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment