Monday, October 17, 2005

Day one of my new lifestyle began bright and early this morning. 6:25am to be exact. Damn, do I wish that I had went to bed earlier. I feel like shit today. I'm working on about 4.5 hours of sleep.

So far as for the diet, I'm doing good. I had some Special K cereal and a banana for breakfast. I had a turkey sandwich on wheat with mustard and some sugar free jello for lunch. Right now I'm munching on some carrot sticks as my afternoon snack. I haven't drank any water so far, but I'm grabbing a bottle as I type this up. I did have a diet Dr. Pepper for lunch because there wasn't any cold water available. That will be the only soda I drink today. It's milk and water from here on out.

It's been easy so far, but I've kept busy today. I had to be at a customer's office this morning. I haven't felt any effects of the lack of sugar in my body yet. However, I do expect to have some sort of withdrawl symptoms. Contrary to popular belief, food can be addicting. At least mentally.

One thing I've decided to do is keep a journal of everything I eat. No I'm not going to post it on this blog, because frankly I'm sure nobody gives a shit.

On to poker. I have no gameplan for this week or the remainder of the month. I figure I'll just stick to the ring games and play an occasional tournament. The tournaments are nice when you win. However, they are B-O-R-I-N-G. My first place finish took nearly 5 hours yesterday. That's with only 50 entries. Now, it was a rebuy tournament. Once we got to the final table, I had a blast. That's just because I had a nice chipstack and could bully people. Let me tell you people. It was truly a work of art how I used the chipstack to my advantage.

I had a friend stop by and sweat my victory. Actually, he came by to pick up his mail and got interested in watching. After about 5 minutes, he said "So, are you just going to raise every hand?". The next hand was something like AJ suited. I raised it again and replied "Scott, when you get cards like these, I'll raise every hand and there's no excuse for losing".

And now finally:

The True Story about My MTT Victory Yesterday



Yes, I did win the tournament, but there was a portion of the tournament that I didn't blog about yesterday. In fact it was a big portion. There were 19 people left in the tournament at the time I started blogging about it.

When the tournament first started, I took a bad beat right off the bat that cost me about 75% of my chipstack. I really went on tilt. So I figured I'd hit the away button and walk away from the game.

I put in a load of laundry and was checking out something on the TV and then the phone rang. I forgot all about the tournament in the process. After I remembered, I walked into my office and saw that I was still in the tournament. I only had 230 chips or so with an average of something way above that.

They were just coming back from the 1st break. I decided I'd just push with any decent hand. I think I pushed with 9-10 suited and doubled up. I worked my chipstack up rather decently after a while. Then I got the pocket 7's hand where I flopped a set against 2 over pairs and more than tripled up. That was my tournament right there.

So to be honest with you, I won a tournament that I forgot I was playing in. Beat that!

Posted by Predator314 at 11:22 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment