Saturday, October 22, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I decided to go ahead and play in the Wil Wheaton tournament on Stars yesterday. I did decent considering the cards I was getting. Boy Genius put a hurting on me early when he dropped the hammer on me and hit a straight. He had me to the felt early. I regained my chips after some strategic all ins and a little luck. Someone else put a bad beat on me later to leave me short stacked. I can't even remember the hand. I finally pushed with something like A8 and was called by AJ.

Speaking of AJ, did I miss that memo that this was a good hand to put all your money in the pot when you don't have to? AJ is a decent starting hand, but it's behind a shitload of other hands. That is unless you're playing me. You will catch that jack or flush or straight or whatever you need on the river.

I played a $11 tournament on Full Tilt last night and made it to the money. I got the minimum again when my AK fell to... you guessed it, AJ.

I did have a great hand that rocketed me towards the top of the chip leaderboard. I had AA on the button. There was an early position raiser. Then a re-raise from the cut-off. I shoved. Both called. Early position turned up QQ, cutoff turned up KK. It was a huge pot.

I've spent a bit today playing some more $2/4 6 max on Stars. I can't get away from this game. It's been a goldmine so far. I've had a couple downward spirals, but that's just because it's a donkfest.

Here are my stats so far at the $2/4 6 max game:

Hands: 14,694
VP$IP: 28.38
PF Raise%: 19.61
Att to Steal Blinds: 32.44
BB/100: 4.43

You can probably do the math to see what kind of boost this game has been to my bankroll. It's hard moving up with that kind of win rate. Although I don't think it's sustainable. I think 3 BB/100 is definitely sustainable at that game though.

I've also been playing quite a few $16 sit n goes on Stars and have been doing good with those. I played a few last night and took 1st, 2nd, and 4th. I played 2 this morning and bubbled out on both. They were much tighter. I got played in my last one. The blinds were at 100/200 with a 25 chip ante (I think) and I was in the big blind with A4 suited. Folded to the small blind who limped. I raised it with up with about half my chips. He pushed. I figured it was a donk play. I called. He had AA.

I'll probably play some more cash games this evening. I'm gonna run some errands now. I'll be ready for the blogger tournament tomorrow. Hopefully Lee Jones will help me win an Xbox 360. I'll take the WPT package too, but my goal is the Xbox.

Posted by Predator314 at 1:36 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment