Sunday, January 08, 2006

Book it... finally a winning session. Just barely.

300 hands, +$11. Bah. At least I didn't lose. I did get into that "groove" I usually get into when I'm playing well. I'm just getting "cold decked". Set over set against a LAGtard and shit like that. Hands where I can lose the maximum amount of money. River card kicked me in the nuts quite a few times too.

I feel better about my game right now though. I'm trying to improve my game greatly this year. I'm not going to be able to do it without building a bankroll back up and moving up. I've been drilling myself to put others on a range of hands. I'm trying to make a habit of calling out what I think my opponent(s) have whether I'm in a hand or not. This helps me stay out of that auto-pilot call down mode. I think this can only help me.

Some things that I plan to do that will help me become a better player are 1.) Play more hands. I'm not playing very many hands right now. Mostly because I'm feeling under the weather, but I'm slowly getting back. 2.) Clean up my work space. My computer room has become junked up and I am in the midst of a project to make this room my game room. 3.) Move up in levels. The $2/4 6 max games are a joke. I'm still beating them for 3+BB/100 despite the month long losing streak (I played very few hands during the streak). I'd like to get back to $5/10 6 max as soon as possible.

Also, the quality of the games have gone down lately on Poker Stars. Of course, I haven't been playing much during prime time hours. However, it seems like there are a lot of FPP whores out there tightening up the games. These people can be profitable too, but just not as much. I'm going to continue with Stars until I get my free iPod, then I'll probably go back to Party. I have an account on Party with 25% rake rebate, but have never made a deposit to it. Mostly because Party sucks, but if I move up to $5/10 anytime soon, that's going to be the most profitable place to play. I'll just have to use my debit card to make deposits because of my neteller account being tied to my old account and Neteller won't allow me to open a new account. When I tried, they locked my old account with all the money in it.

I guess I'll just have to play things by ear when I move up. The only places I play that spread $2/4 6 max are Stars and Full Tilt. I do have rake rebate at Full Tilt. Right now my goal is that iPod Nano, but once that is done, I'm just going to spread my money around and look for the most profitable games. Actual table selection. Although I tend to adjust well to tight/loose tables, I need to spend more time scoping out the fish and trying to find a seat where I have position on them. All too often I have the shitty player on my left and that sucks.

I'm out for now. I probably won't get to play any more today. I'm getting ready to go watch some football and bowling. Then I'm gonna go eat with the parents and then I have a bowling tournament this evening.

Tomorrow is back to work with a big stack of shit to do. Then I'm off to Richmond, VA for 3 days. I'm gonna take my laptop with me and try to find a motel with net access so I can play a little bit. I'm really tired of this travelling. Even though it has slacked off lately, I still have to do it. Richmond is not even close to being to the top of the list of my favorite cities. It seems like every time I go there, I get stuck in the ghetto. I just don't like bigger cities. I'm a backward country fucker. Let me be.

I think I'm gonna polish up the resume and try to find a different career path all together. I've come to hate computers with my previous jobs. I'm ready to try something fresh. I just don't know what. Are there any jobs out there where I don't have to work with the general public? Where I can work alone and not depend on a team atmosphere for things to work properly (there's always a weak link in the chain)? However, I would like to work with a variety of people if that makes sense. With my job right now, there are at most 3 people in the office at one time and I just don't fit in. There's no general chit chat or anything like that in our office. I think it's important to work with people you fit in with and can get along with. Just ain't happening right now.

Enough blabbing for now. My poker confidence is slowly coming back. My desire to play is rapidly coming back. It's going to be a good year. I've built up enough of a real life bankroll to not have to worry about cashing out any poker money, so my bankroll should rapidly grow once I start winning again. I'm still going to be conservative with the bankroll. I'm also going to play less tournaments. I'm just not a tournament player and don't have the patience to play it. I wish there were more limit tournaments available online with decent blind structures. I have yet to find one.

Posted by Predator314 at 9:24 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment