Friday, November 04, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thank the Good Lord... It's finally Friday! Man, it has been a LOOOOONG week. I'm gonna try to work my ass off today so the day will pass by quickly.

I didn't play as much poker yesterday as I wanted to. I had dinner with my Mother last night and spent some time at her house. On the way over there, I got pulled over. The cop pulled out behind me as I passed the gas station below my house. It's about 3 or 4 miles to my parents' house from there. He followed me all the way until I turned into my parents' neighborhood. As soon as I turned, he hit the lights. I got pretty pissed too, because I didn't do anything worthy of being pulled over.

As the cop gets out of the car, he shines his flashlight on my license plate. Uh oh, I knew the problem right then. Actually, I figured it was one of two problems. If you take a look at my truck, you will see the license plate has a smoke colored cover over it. This thing is pretty dark and makes seeing my license plate damn near impossible at night. Also, if you notice, I have 2 4" exhaust tips coming out the back. Those things are no longer connected to a muffler. Straight pipes baby. Needless to say, my truck is pretty loud. Also, I have a very loud stereo system and I happened to be blaring out SRV's rendition of "Little Wing", which in my opinion is far from noise pollution.

Now the cop comes up to my window and asks to see my license and registration. I reach in my back pocket... empty! I check my console, no registration either. That can't be good. I explain the predicament to the cop. He was pretty cool about it. Finally, he just said he pulled me over to ask me to remove my license plate cover. I agreed with him and went on my merry way.

All this brings me to my next beef. I'm a big fan of police officers. They don't get paid nearly enough for what they do. However, during my little 3-4 mile trip with this cop behind me, I witnessed 1.) A car pull out in front of me and then went speeding on, oblivous to the fact there was a cop behind him, 2.) Another car pull out in front of me, then stop dead in the middle of the road for no apparent reason, then finally make a left hand turn with no signal, and 3.) 2 vehicles in front of me not stop at a stop sign before pulling out. However, I got picked to be pulled over because of my license plate cover. Such a bad beat. No ticket though, so I guess I sucked out.

Enough of that little story. Tonight is Friday night. There are no football games of any importance tonight. I do have a few DVDs coming from Netflix. I'll have PCU (great funny movie), Eric Clapton Unplugged, and Alice in Chains Unplugged. I know I will watch PCU and probably AIC unplugged to wind down before I go to bed. Also, I want to buy an Xbox game. I'm debating on a football game or that Far Cry Instincts game. I'm not sure what I want.

Also, on my agenda tonight, I want to play at least 12 more sit n goes. That will put me up to 20% of my goal being completed. I'm aiming for 20, but I'm not sure if I can stay focused long enough to get 20 played. I can sit and play cash games for hours because it's nonstop action. Put me in a sit n go and I do good to stay awake.

One last semi-poker related tidbit: I want a new TV for my new place. I'm really aching to get a new DLP televison somehwere in the 50" range. I bought one of these a year ago, but it was a gift for my parents. I would really like to have the same TV. I can hook my laptop up via the DVI port and play poker in 50" HDTV bliss. It would also be nice to have some HD programming, and I'm going to get the Comcast DVR package. The only reason this is poker related is because poker is gonna be the only thing that allows this to happen. So let's all hope I can run good through the end of the year so I can buy one of these jewels.

Posted by Predator314 at 5:29 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment