Saturday, November 05, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ok, that's not another banner ad for the site. Just the UB logo because I'm gonna talk a bit about UB.

I got wind of Ultimate Bet's 50% up to $200 deposit bonus. I haven't played on UB in quite some time. So I decided to give it a shot. I put in my $400, bringing my UB account balance up to $407 :) Isn't it great to find $7 that you can just add to the bankroll?

So I'm off to clear a bonus. According to their terms, I guess I have to achieve 2000 UB points to clear the bonus. I ended up clearing about 1/10th of that in my short session.

I played 2 tables of $3/6 6 max. I got 2 doozy tables too. The first was full of weak tighties, spouting of some babble about pot odds. This little tirade went on for 30 straight minutes. My other table had 1 big league donkey and 4 calling stations. Needless to say, it was juicy.

So now I'm playing 2 completely different games. On the calling station/donkey table, I have to tighten up and minimize the bluffing. Whereas, on the weak/tighty table, I'm playing almost the opposite. Both gameplans worked pretty well and I had a nice session. Check the stats on this KING donkey:

Hands: 62
VP$IP: 88.71
Att to Steal Blinds: 90.00
Amount won: -$333.00
BB/100 Hands: -89.52
PF Raise: 70.97

I made about all my money on this guy. I couldn't isolate him though, because the other guys were making desparation calls with low suited connectors and shit like that, even to 3 bets. You can lose a lot of money at tables like this, but I got lucky and most of my showdowns were good.

So, the games at UB are getting an A+ so far in my book, but it's a small sample size. UB's interface, however, is horrid. What's the deal with having huge hole cards, but having tiny community cards. I'm squinting just to see the suits. The clanks and clicks that they call sound are annoying as shit too. I have to turn on the iPods to drown out the sounds.

It looks like they are paving the road in my neighborhood, so I think I might be stuck here all day. I might get a shit load of poker in.

Posted by Predator314 at 5:21 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment