Friday, September 02, 2005

Yesterday started out well. I played 3 different shortened sessions at the $3/6 6 max tables. The first session was during my lunch break at work. They flipped the win switch on for me. All my hands were holding up as I took in almost $200 in the short session.

After work, I 3 tabled the $3/6 6 max games. This was the first time that I 3 tabled the 6 max games in QUITE a while. Surprisingly, I didn't have any problems with it. I lost on 2 of the tables, but completely dominated on the 3rd to make a small profit.

Late last night, I fired up Empire again and ended up losing about 1/2 of my winnings for the day. No biggy. I just wasn't getting too many playable hands. My flushes weren't hitting. It's also been quite a while since I remember hitting trips off my middle pocket pairs. QQ has been losing me quite a bit of money the past 2 days as well. I know it was 0 for 3 last night.

Real life will probably stand in the way of playing poker tonight. I will be leaving work early today to go sign insurance papers and then I will officially be a home owner. It feels good to say that. I couldn't have done it without the help of online poker.

Also tonight is the big Princeton Tigers vs. Bluefield Beavers high school football game. I'm a Princeton alumnus. Bluefield has always been our big rival and they usually beat our ass, but this year, they don't stand a chance. Also my 10 year class reunion is this weekend. Everyone is meeting at the ballgame tonight.

I've been telling all my old schoolmates that they are old. Me, personally, I'm not old enough to have a 10 year reunion (yeah right). I was talking to a friend the other day. We were discussing going to the reunion's "Big Event". Initially I was going to go just for the entertainment factor. My graduating class was filled with some very talented and smart people. The funny thing is that after graduation, they expected their grades to carry them through life. Now, a lot of these smart people are still in school. It's been 10 years for Pete's sake! Get a job!

I'm just jealous though. I wish I was still in college. This real life shit is for the birds. Anyway, I was talking to my friend. He graduated with me. They decided the big event (which is really just a big dinner at a local resort) would be semi-formal. Which pretty much means suit and tie. Fuck that shit. I have to wear a tie all week. I'm not going to wear a tie just to impress some old people I graduated with. During our conversation, I realized that all the people I looked forward to seeing, I already see on a fairly regular basis. I've maintained contact with all my old friends. We still hang out. Not as much as we used to because real life gets in the way.

So, I've decided to just go to the ballgame and talk to some of the folks I haven't seen in a while. I'll probably get a kick out of their "I'm going to be a lawyer as soon as I pass the Bar...3rd time is a charm!" stories. True story: One of the members of my class actually went to law school and cannot pass the bar. He's selling toilet paper and napkins right now. Another friend of mine met him and actually went out with this guy one time. He told her that he was a lawyer.

I have nothing to prove to anyone. I have a good life. I have good friends, a good family, a good (paying) job. The only hardships I'm having are 1.) paying $3.29/gallon for gas to drive to work every day and 2.) finding a decent woman to put up with my gambling degenerate lifestyle.

Speaking of finding a decent woman. Those are the only stories that make me jealous anymore. The people finding a good signifigant other and having a nice family. I've found 2 woman in the past 2 years. Woman #1 was a degenerate like myself. It was fun for about 3 months as we partied every week together, then I found out she had more stamina than me. I got burnt out on the partying, she didn't. Woman #2 was a much more suitable person. Very nice, very laid back, but very fucking warped in the head about certain things. Oh well.

My goal tonight is to find me a good woman for the night and throw some Jagermeister down her throat. Seriously, there are a couple people that I want to meet. We might go out to a club or something afterwards.

One last non-poker related subject. As I was typing this post, I overheard my boss talking about profit sharing for this year. We have a decent profit sharing program here at my job. I'll be getting around 15% of my gross salary towards whatever investment I want to put it towards. This is my first year that I'm eligible for the profit sharing, so I'm not sure where to invest my money.

I'm thinking of getting a Roth IRA. However, a traditional IRA sounds good to me as well since I can write off the money I put into a traditional IRA on my taxes. Maybe I'll just get him to deposit it to my Neteller account and let it ride on the $30/60 tables :)

Posted by Predator314 at 6:06 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment