Monday, August 15, 2005

I had $1500 set aside for a "rainy" day. It's just been collecting interest for a couple months. I decided to take my "rainy day" money and put it back into my bankroll. I did this for a couple reasons. 1.) I figured that I can make a better rate on that $1500 playing poker than the 3% it was making right now. 2.) It's really just mad money I would have ended up blowing sooner or later. I already had a notion to use it for some new rims for my truck. 3.) I love the juicyness of the .50/1.00 games, but having a 25BB night sounds a whole lot better when 25BBs is equal to $150 as opposed to $25.

So I added that $1500 into my bankroll, bringing the roll up over $2000. My main computer had a keyboard problem, so I played two tables of $3/6 last night on my laptop. I didn't really run too well, but I played pretty solid. However, I lost somewhere around $50.

Some things I plan to do tonight. Get my Poker Tracker udpated to the newest version. I also fixed my keyboard issue, so I can 4 table the $3/6 tonight and hopefully clear my IGM-Pay bonus which I never cleared.

Since the month is new. I'm going to go ahead and set some goals for the month.

1.) I want to play 5000 hands. This isn't a whole lot, but it's still summer time, plus I'll be on vacation all next week with no access to running water, much less online poker.

2.) Maintain a 2BB/100 or better rate over those 5000 or more hands. Which really is only about $600, but I also get rakeback. I was at almost a 3BB/100 rate a few months ago at the $3/6 level over about 100,000 hands. I'd like to be closer to that since that is $900 over 5000 hands.

3.) Stay away from the tournaments. I love these things. However, I went a little crazy in a Poker Stars rebuy tournament the other day and pretty much blew some extra tournament bucks I could have used in regular sit n goes. Tournaments are -EV for me.

I hope to play quite a bit of poker tonight. I'll have the good old Dell 2001FP to play with. 4 tables, no overlap. It's quite a sweet setup.

Current Mood: productive
Current Music: Stevie Ray Vaughan

Posted by Predator314 at 5:48 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment