Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I have been bitten... again. Bitten by the poker bug. In one of my previous posts, I was talking about wanting to get 5000 hands in this month. That was a very low number, but I thought with my extra curricular activities and vacation and all that during August, 5000 would be pushing it. Well, I'm way over 5000 hands so far. All I want to do is play poker.

I have been running pretty well too. I spent most of my time on the $3/6 6 max tables. I have been playing no more than 2 of those tables at a time. Most of the time, it's been a single table just trying to get back in the swing of things. I had one horrible session yesterday on those tables, where I dropped quite a bit. However, it took about 30 minutes this morning to get it back when I hit a big rush.

When I'm not into the 6 max game, I have been playing 4 tables of $2/4. I don't know why I'm playing $2/4. I just "felt it" as David Williams would say. I've put up decent numbers on those tables as well.

Some things I need to work on:

1.) It seems like every time I get on a rush and then things level off, I'm anxious to get off the table and protect my win. I need to just play my hands and let things happen.

2.) I need to take better notes on players. Especially in the 6 max games. I'm using Poker Tracker (not to the fullest extent) and GameTime+. But they just give you numbers. They don't show patterns on certain players.

I'll probably get a good amount of hands played today. This evening, it's the start of our Wednesday night bowling league. I'm bowling on Monday's and Wednesday's now. Our Monday night team is really good. Plus it's a league full of older people that take the game very seriously. We are all younger guys. I think I'm the oldest on the team at 27. We absolutely dominated the team we played Monday night. I hope all goes well tonight. We should be pretty strong on Wednesday's too.

Posted by Predator314 at 5:53 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment