Monday, November 07, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This sit n go challenge is pretty hellish. These things are so mind numbingly boring. It's awful! I guess I'm going to go ahead and finish out my challenge. However, after going about half way through the challenge, of come to this conclusion: CASH GAMES KICK SIT N GO'S ASS!

The competition is pretty soft in these sit n go's, but the bottom line is they just aren't very fun for me. I guess I'll go ahead and finish the challenge though just to say that I did it. It should only take a couple days to complete anyway.

As soon as I finish the 100 sit n goes, I'm going back to short handed hold 'em. Short handed play is just so fun for me. It's an action game, and I guess I'm an action junkie.

I'm kind of at a cross-roads in my poker playing right now. I know the games that I want to play, but not sure where to play them.

Party is on my shit list right now for various reasons. 1.) They should spread 6 max tables at all limits. 2.) Their customer service is down-right horrid. Email them, they send some sort of canned response the doesn't remotely answer your question, phone them... well good luck trying to understand the Jibberese they are speaking. 3.) After venturing into some of the other sites, I don't think that their games are the best online anymore.

As bad as I hate to, I think I'm going to be playing Party all the time when I move up to $3/6 full time. The only reason for that is rakeback. I have a new username set up on Party for rakeback (25%), but I'm still trying to resolve the small problem of getting money into the account. Neteller claims they can do something on their end, but I gotta get my butt into gear to square that situation away.

All that being said, I really don't have a home right now. I guess Poker Stars is as close as it gets, but as you all know, they hate me. In all seriousness, Stars is the best site I've ever played on. They do so many things right. Good, but ugly software and great customer service.

Once I finish my 100 sit n goes, I'm going exploring. There are quite a few online sites that I haven't played at. I haven't played any Prima Sites, The Gaming Club, Any Crypto site with the exception of Interpoker, Noble, Titan, and probably many more.

I can use this adventure to clear a bunch of bonuses as well. Bonuses (bonii??) make being homeless more fun. Here's my gameplan:

1.) Finish my last $20 in bonus on Full Tilt, then re-deposit before the end of the month to take advantage of the $300 reload they currently have going.

2.) Clear my Ultimate Bet bonus.

Note: Full Tilt and Ultimate Bet bonuses pay more like a rakeback program would, so if they keep offering monthly reloads, I wouldn't have to worry as much about rakeback.

3.) Open an account with a new site (under a reputable rakeback affiliate if possible), clear the bonus and evaluate the competition.

4.) Repeat step 3.

I'm excited to see the details of the Poker Stars VIP club that's coming soon. Hopefully that will give me some nice incentive to stay.

Full Tilt is growing on me. The have got great software and seem to have pretty good customer service (even though I haven't really dealt with them). They have good stuff in their FPP store, the action is soft, and they have some pretty decent tournaments. Plus I've made quite a few final tables on their site. They don't seem to hate me as bad.

Bottom line is that Poker Stars has the best chance of being my #1 site as long as they can do something to keep me away from the competition (reload bonus, rakeback, some sort of incentives). Full Tilt comes in a close 2nd, and Ultimate Bet a distand 3rd (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAKE THE COMMUNITY CARDS BIGGER!).

My ultimate goal is to have a good conservative bankroll for $3/6 and $5/10 fairly soon. My bankroll is actually above the 300BBs suggested for $5/10, but I'm being VERY conservative with it because of the monthly cashouts for expenses and I seem to go through very swingy times, where I'll lose 300BBs, then make them all back up with one ginourmous heater (haven't had one of those in a while). But what it all comes down to is that I honestly play better when I don't have to worry about the money.

Enough babbling. I expect to play quite a bit this evening. Hopefully I can get get a good chunk of those sit n goes knocked out before I fall asleep. I've been 4 tabling them. I think I'm going to try 6 or 8 tabling them to see if things get a little more exciting. I'll try to take time to call Neteller this evening as well, so I can go ahead and bite the bullet and start the dance you have to do to sign up with a new Party account.

Posted by Predator314 at 7:02 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment