Friday, November 11, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ahhh, back to the cash games. After playing all sit n goes the past few days, it felt good to take some bad beats in a cash game. I've got 2 big bonuses to clear, so I clocked in and was ready for some action. I pulled up Ultimate Bet and saw a heads up table with one guy sitting at it, so I sat down. I also pulled up 2 tables of $3/6 6 max on Full Tilt.

Needless to say, all 3 tables were a donkfest. Let's start out with the heads up match. At the beginning of the match, he kept folding to everyone of my bets and I figured this wasn't going to be such a good game. Then all of the sudden, the full moon came uncovered and the guy turned into a turbo donkey. However, I kept pushing my leading hands, but he kept catching miracle cards on the river to take huge pots on me. It seemed like every time he went for a turn bluff, he would catch his 2 outter on the river. We both started with $150 stacks and it wasn't no time before I was down to $30.

However, I kept plugging along and clawed my way back up to even. I may have even took a small lead. Then he started catching again and put me down to the felt again. I got back to even and repeated the cycle 2 more times. Then something happened. His river cards quit coming and I T-Totally fucked this guy up. He ended up rebuying twice and I was willing to take that money too. I had the guy on major tilt.

I'm still not completely comfortable with heads up play. I need to keep practicing at it. Right now, I'm just pushing the 60/40 edges and staying aggressive. Against a donk like the one I just played, it looks like they tend to fall into a pattern. I was able to pick up on his patterns and take advantage. I realized his patterns and also made sure I mixed things up so that he would not be able to do the same to me.

Also, on my Full Tilt tables, I had one table where I was a very small loser. I was way down on the table, but won a huge pot with aces. Then I had KK beat twice in two big pots where both times aces come on the river to beat me.

On the other table, I dominated from the get go. I took a few beats that kept me from tripling up, but I more than doubled up on that table to make a nice profit for the day.

Fuck sit n go's!

During my session, I managed to clear almost $15 of my $300 Full tilt bonus and about $15 of my Ultimate Bet bonus. I forgot that UB sucks and forgot to have the hand history window up while playing, so I didn't get the stats of that session. However, on my Full Tilt session, I ended up paying $34 in rake. So if you consider the $15 as rakeback instead of a bonus, that's like 43% rakeback. Which is not bad. If they run these reloads every month, Full Tilt may be my new home. The games are really good right now.

Posted by Predator314 at 1:59 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment