Friday, November 18, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have bonuses coming out my ying yang right now. I received a nice letter from Stars yesterday informing me of a 20% up to $120 bonus. So without hesitation I dropped another $600 into my Stars account and fired up a few tables of $2/4 6 max and proceeded to play 600 hands of break even poker. Once again, the games were very good, but this time I wasn't able to take advantage. Oh well.

Tonight I'll probably finish off that bonus. I'll probably go back up to $3/6 while clearing it though. I'm not sure why I played $2/4 last night. It was more of an instinct than anything. I didn't even really think about playing $3/6 until I was finished.

After my Stars bonus is cleared, I'll go back to clearing my bonus at Full Tilt. I still got quite a ways to go there. Then I have a good bit to clear at UB when that is done. All together this month, I've received $620 in bonuses. Looks like there is a 30% up to $150 bonus also going on with Party. I haven't played on Party in a while, but this will probably bring me back. Looks like it will take 1500 raked hands to clear. That shouldn't hardly take any time at all.

I was looking through my newest issue of All In magazine last night and noticed the Holiday Gift guide. They had a book out there I never knew existed. It is called Tales from the Tiltboys. I didn't even know they had a book out. If you haven't read the trip reports on the Tiltboys' website, you have missed out on, hands down, the best trip reports you will ever read. If you haven't heard of the Tiltboys before, it's a group of degenerate gamblers who get together and play poker while trying to put each other on tilt constantly. You've probably heard of a couple of these guys (Phil Gordon, Perry Friedman).

I made a post on 2+2 yesterday trying to get reviews on the Tiltboys book. While in the Books & Publications sections of the site, I found a thread about Matt from ThePokerChronicles.com's book. Surprisingly, the 2+2'ers had some really nice things to say about it. If you don't know the history between Matt and the 2+2 group, you should check out The Poker Chronicles. Short summary is that Matt has always claimed that a winning player can have a 30% VP$IP. Also he states that it can be just as profitable to have a 2+2'er at your table as your normal donkey. I agree with this. The 15% VP$IP'ers on 2+2 take offense. The player must adapt. I think most 2+2'ers play way too tight and are very predictable. I qualify that remark because there are some fantastic players that post on that site. However, the majority of the 2+2 population are donks like me.

That's all I have for right now. I'm planning to play as much poker tonight as I can possibly handle. I'm trying to save up a bit of money for a new Xbox 360 when they come out. Normally I don't care for buying a console at launch, but Project Gotham Racing 3 is one of the launch titles. Enough said.

Posted by Predator314 at 7:05 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment