Thursday, September 15, 2005

Things are starting to go my way???? I don't know about all that, but this hand sure did. It's about time I get one of these:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter


Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3s, Ad.

Hero raises, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.


Flop: (8 SB) Qs, 6h, Ah (4 players)

SB bets, BB calls, Hero raises, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.


Turn: (8 BB) As (4 players)

SB bets, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, SB calls, Hero calls.


River: (17 BB) 3h (4 players)

SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB calls.


Final Pot: 23 BB

Main Pot: 23 BB, between Button, SB, BB and Hero. > Pot won by Hero (23 BB).


Results in white below:

SB has Th 9h (flush, ace high).

BB has Qh 7h (flush, ace high).

Hero has 3s Ad (full house, aces full of threes).

Button has Ac Jd (three of a kind, aces).

Outcome: Hero wins 23 BB.


My thinking street by street:

Pre-Flop
A-3 offsuit. Not that great of a hand, but worthy of a raise 4 handed. I get 3 callers, oh shit.

Flop
OK, I caught my ace, but I got a shitty kicker and some asshole leading into me. I'm gonna raise for good measure to see where I'm at. The Small Blind has a tendancy to do the donk bet thing on his draws. The button cold called 2 bets, so now I'm worried that he has an ace which almost guarantees I'm outkicked. He could also have 6-6 and I'm still beat.

Turn
Another ace. This dickhead leads it out. We can't all have aces. I raise because I'm sticking with my flush draw read. The button 3 bets. Oh shit. I knew it. I get nervous and proceed to go into call down mode. Small blind calls 2 cold and I figure I might be in last place here. My weak ace against the small blinds not so weak ace, vs pocket 6's.

River
Sweet mother! A river card that helps me out. I'm pedal to the metal right now. I got the pocket 6's covered. The flush got there and I got it covered. The only aces that can beat me now are A-6 and A-Q which I don't think these guys had.

The guy in the small blind is the reason that I can buy $3000 DLP TVs for my parents. The reason that I can pay off my vehicle and insurance payments every month without using my paycheck from my real job. He is also the reason I get on this blog and bitch every other day because he just sucked out on the river again.

I had a good session this morning mostly because of the hand above. I love to suck out on the river. These fuckers cause me so much pain, it's good to reverse the tide on them.

I should have a working Internet connection at home this evening. No bowling either. I'll probably have to mow grass when I get home, but that shouldn't take too long. I hope to get some hands played tonight. I will need to hook up my internet to my computer. Plus I still need to get my monitor and hook it up. One thing that worries me is that I'm afraid my laptop's video card will not be able to support a 1600x1200 resolution. I'll keep my fingers crossed there.

I donated my old computer to my parents. I still need to get the 10gig or so of MP3's and my Poker Tracker database off that computer.

I probably won't get too much poker played this weekend, but you never know. Friday night, I'll be watching the high school football game and then probably go out afterwards. Saturday, I'm dedicating to my truck. It needs some TLC. First thing I need to do is get the exhaust fixed. 2nd thing is change the oil. 3rd thing is wash and wax that bastard. It's a beautiful truck, but it's had a hard summer.

I want it to look like this again:

Posted by Predator314 at 7:03 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment