Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Well, I'm dropping down a notch. My stint at $3/6 6 max started out good and then went terrible wrong. I've dropped over $1100 in 3 days on those tables. I scouted out some nice tables and things never worked out. I've just caught cold cards for the past few days. VERY cold.

I apologize for the bad beat post from yesterday. I'm not immune to going on Tilt. Especially when you get beat by a runner runner flush at least 20 times in a day.

One new trend in the online poker world has to be the "Donk" bet. That's the 2+2 term for it. I need to come up with a better name for it. That's when you get heads up and for some reason, your opponent decides to raise you with nothing but a draw (be it a flush draw, straight draw, or he might just have a hunch that the next card will give me a pair). Let me demonstrate on a $1/2 hand I had while monkeying around this morning trying to clear my $100 bonus on Empire without having to make a deposit:

***** Hand History for Game 2589215964 *****
$1/$2 Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, August 24, 10:31:00 EDT 2005
Table Table 11158 (6 max) (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: habiBz7 ( $128.25 )
Seat 5: Chessmate111 ( $80.50 )
Seat 6: meyerg ( $19.50 )
Seat 2: GodsmackBLS ( $43.50 )
Seat 3: MissDi777 ( $41.50 )
meyerg posts small blind [$0.50].
habiBz7 posts big blind [$1].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to GodsmackBLS [ Ah Js ]
GodsmackBLS raises [$2].
MissDi777 calls [$2].
Chessmate111 folds.
MOFO_GUNIT has joined the table.
meyerg calls [$1.50].
habiBz7 calls [$1].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2c, 6h, 4h ]
meyerg checks.
habiBz7 checks.
GodsmackBLS bets [$1].
MissDi777 folds.
meyerg calls [$1].
habiBz7 folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2s ]
meyerg bets [$2].
GodsmackBLS raises [$4].
meyerg calls [$2].
** Dealing River ** [ 9d ]
meyerg checks.
GodsmackBLS checks.
meyerg shows [ 8h, 9h ] two pairs, nines and twos.
GodsmackBLS doesn't show [ Ah, Js ] a pair of twos.
meyerg wins $17.25 from the main pot with two pairs, nines and twos.

As you can see, I made an excellent read on my opponent based on the way he had played previous hands. The heart draw showed up. Instead of raising me or leading out on the flop which most normal human beings would do, he decides to pop me on the turn to show my how powerful his hand really is. Of course, he hits his 9 on the river and my good read is shot all to hell.

I think I like the fact that the "Donk" bet has arrived. This gives me a chance to use my super secret counter tactic. The 3 bet. However, when you're running bad and the donkey hits on the river every time. The 3 bet is crippled and actually hurts you.

Enough of the attempt to be funny when I've lost my ass day after day. In all seriousness, I'm going to drop down to $2/4 and grind the bankroll back up while maybe chasing a bonus or 3.

Posted by Predator314 at 8:54 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment