Thursday, August 25, 2005

Time for some bonus whoring.

I cleared the Empire $100 bonus fairly quickly. But believe me, it was painful. I completely wiped out that account before getting the bonus to clear. My balance on the account when the $100 bonus hit was $117. Ugh.

Now it's time to recoup some of those loses. I've got about $400 coming my way in rake rebate. I'm also going to run a few more bonuses. It looks like Pokerroom has a 20% up to $200 going on right now. As bad as I hate Pokerroom.com, I'm thinking about giving it a whirl. The only problem is that if I do that bonus, it's going to take up a very signigant part of my bankroll. I might hit up some of the crypto sites for their monthly bonuses. It's been a while since I've had to whore some bonuses. Hopefully things will go better on the next try.

In other news, I'm going to be moving. Not far though; about 2 miles. One of my old friends is getting married this weekend and moving to North Carolina. I'm buying their home. The deal should close on Friday of next week after they get back from their honeymoon. It's pretty nice place in a very nice neighborhood. Most of the people in the neighborhood are older retirees. There aren't many kids and they don't allow anything but household pets. Hopefully I can pay for this place with poker money. That's my plan anyway. It will be like being a professional poker player without actually being one.

Some big ticket items I need to buy: Washer/Dryer, Refrigerator, Lawn Mower, Weed Eater. I think I'm good as far as furniture. When my grandfather died a few years ago, they gave me all his furniture and I've had it in storage ever since. I've been paying $55/month to store that furniture. So, now I can subtract that $55 from my house payment since I will no longer need the storage building.

The only part of this that I dread is the actual moving part. I don't have a whole hell of a lot of stuff, but I do have some big toys like TVs, stereos. I am leaving my computer with my parents since they use it more than me anyway. I'll just use my laptop and hook my 2001FP monitor to it. I just hope I can get the 1600x1200 resolution with my laptop's video card. I'll have to test that out. If not, I'll probably just build me a computer to play poker on. Nothing fancy. My older one runs fine, but my Poker Tracker database brings it to it's knees.

Until next time, peace out.

Posted by Predator314 at 6:47 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment