Sunday, February 12, 2006

Well, another 500 hands this morning. Although, not the results I was looking for, I still had a winning session. I was stuck big right off the bat. In the first 50 hands, I had kings cracked 3 times and Jacks cracked once. That's not a good way to start.

However, those hands don't bother me that bad. I even laid my kings down on the turn on one hand with a Jack high board. Nothing really brilliant, I just knew I was beat. One dude called down and I was right, dude had a straight.

I've been working on selecting better tables lately. I took some advice from TeddyFBI that I read in his blog (http://www.zbasic.com/pokerblog.html). He claims his 3.5 BB/100 win rate over hundreds of thousands of hands are due to good table selection and making good laydowns. If you haven't checked his blog, please do so. It's one of the best out there.

Some interesting hands from today.

Hand #1. How not to play pocket kings:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5h, 3c.

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, 2 folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4h, 2d, Ad (6 players)

SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 folds, SB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 7s (4 players)

Hero bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls $2 (All-In).

River: (8.50 BB) 2c (4 players, 1 all-in)

Hero bets, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Results in white below:

Hero has 5h 3c (straight, five high).

UTG+1 has Tc As (two pair, aces and twos).

UTG+2 has Ks Kh (two pair, kings and twos).

Outcome: Hero wins 10.50 BB.


I had to double check to make sure I had a stright there. That hasn't happened in months it seems.

Here's a hand where I was totally lost and played like a fuckin 6 year old girl:
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Ac, Kc.

2 folds, MP1 calls, 3 folds, Button calls, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, MP1 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) As, 3s, Js (3 players)

SB bets, Hero raises, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 6d (3 players)

SB bets, Hero raises, Button folds, SB 3-bets, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) 6s (2 players)

SB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below:

SB has 6c Ah (full house, sixes full of aces).

Hero has Ac Kc (two pair, aces and sixes).

Outcome: SB wins 16 BB.


Shoot me now. I know I should have saved at least 2 bets on that one.

I'm not sure if I could have done anything better on this hand. It's just one of those things. Villian was a total lagtard. His stats were 50 VP$IP/30%PFR/~3 AF:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Kh, Kd.

Hero raises, UTG+1 3-bets, 3 folds, CO caps, 2 folds, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 6d, 3s, 7h (4 players)

BB bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 2c (3 players)

BB bets, Hero raises, CO calls, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, CO folds, BB calls.

River: (21.25 BB) 3h (2 players)

BB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.25 BB

Results in white below:

BB has 7d 7s (full house, sevens full of threes).

Hero has Kh Kd (two pair, kings and threes).

Outcome: BB wins 23.25 BB.


Overplayed??? Against any other opponent I'd say yes. Against this guy, I figured him for A7 or something like that. Guess I was wrong.

That's enough hand histories for today. I'm going to go watch some bowling. I'm supposed to be sitting in that audience today on ESPN, but snow kept me away. Fuck a bunch of snow.

After bowling, I'm going to wash some clothes, play some poker, and work on my side project. Speaking of the side project, I'm going to try to have a full blog roll. So if any of you reading have a blog, then email it to me (leonardw@gmail.com).

Until then, don't let your meat loaf.

Challenge graph so far:

Posted by Predator314 at 8:38 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment