Monday, February 13, 2006

Snow snow snow. We got a few more inches of snow last night. I was really hoping we'd have a whole winter without this shit. It just makes bad drivers worse. So instead of braving the roads today, I decided to phone in to work. Fuck a bunch of work and snow and Monday.

So instead of work, I clocked into my other job. I fired up 4 tables on Party and proceeded to donate. I decided to move up after getting my bankroll back to healthier levels this weekend. I have a really healthy bankroll for $3/6 and even marginally healthy for $5/10, so there really isn't any other reason for me to play $2/4. I think I just felt more comfortable with the stakes.

Anyway, I had to do some research to find some decent $3/6 tables. I was able to find 3 juicy games and one decent one. I proceeded to destroy one table and then get destroyed on the other 3. Nothing really of interest, just one horrible hand I played. I'm not sure I would have made the mistake at $2/4, but I sure as hell did here:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Qs, Qd.

UTG raises, 3 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, UTG calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (16 SB) Kh, 2d, 6h (5 players)

Hero bets, UTG folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 3c (3 players)

Hero checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

River: (9.50 BB) Ah (3 players)

Hero checks, MP3 bets, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Results in white below:

MP3 has Qh Ac (one pair, aces).

Hero has Qs Qd (one pair, queens).

Outcome: MP3 wins 11.50 BB.


Would someone please help me pull my skirt up and bet that turn? Also, the river call was horrible too. I just felt sick in my stomach about that whole hand. It was at that point, I decided, if I wasn't going to play right, then just quit right now. So I got in the groove and ended up breaking even for the session after being stuck a bit.

I'll be playing some more throught the day. I'm datamining the tables right now looking for some fresh fish. I always thought table selection was over-rated, but I'm starting to change my tune.

In other news, this could possibly be my last update at this address. I am moving my blog over to my own domain (for the new project). I'll post a re-director link on this page sending you in the right direction. I'm waiting for the DNS servers to update right now.

I'm going to just leak a little info on my new project. It's going to be a poker community/hangout type site. Some things I plan to do:

- Offer rakeback/bonus/bankroll help plans for various sites
- Poker Chat Room
- Message Boards
- Blog Hosting
- Full Blog Roll with a blog of the month each month
- Articles

I have a lot of work ahead of me before launching the site. I want everything to be as "automated" as possible. So, it will be awhile before it is launched. However, I'm going to go ahead and move my blog over there. You also might have to bear with me as I learn the WordPress application.

Posted by Predator314 at 7:44 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment