Friday, October 28, 2005

Last night made 3 days in which I have not been a single hand. I feel rested and relaxed. In my last post, I mentioned taking the rest of the month off. However, I think I'm ready to play some again.

I'll just play it by ear this evening to see how things go. I'd prefer getting a few friends together and playing some donkey poker, but if I can't swing that, then I'll probably play in some cash games online and get started on next Month's nut.

It's kind of hard to take these breaks, but I think an occasional break is important. Even when things are going well. My advice to the grinders out there is to give yourself a day or 2 breather every now and then. Don't just wait for the bad times and then walk away.

I had a few movies to watch during my break. I mentioned Starsky and Hutch. Last night's feature was Sin City. I have subscribed to Netflix (for the 3rd time). I love the Netflix service. Some of my coming movies that I'll be excited to get in the mail are all music related: Eric Clapton: Unplugged. The famous concert where he put the MTV Unplugged series on the map. Alice in Chains: Unplugged. AiC is one of my favorite bands. Cut down in their prime by our friend, Mr. Heroin. Lastly is Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble: Live at Montreux 1982 & 1985. SRV is hands down the greatest guitar player of all time. The man was a genius.

Posted by Predator314 at 7:48 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment