Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I took a break from poker yesterday. I played very little. I played a $16 sit n go on Stars and won it. Then I played about 20 hands at a single table while waiting for qualifier on Empire. In those 20 hands, I won about 10BBs which was nice. The qualifier blew goat butt though. I had one good hand where I flopped quad 6's and won a nice pot. But that was early and this was a limit tournament. Then I met my demise on the following hand:

I'm dealt AJ suited UTG. I raise and I get 3 callers including the big blind.

Flop comes A,J,2 rainbow. I bet and all 3 call.

Turn comes a blank. I bet and the big blind calls.

River 2. I'm check raised by the big blind, I call, he turns over 6-2 offsuit and takes the pot from me. Bah.

I chose not to play in the deep stacks tournament yesterday. When I went to register, I saw there were going to be over 1000 entries. That makes for an awesome prize pool. However, it makes for LONG tournament. It was a work night and I just didn't want to risk it. I check this morning. The tournament started at 6:15pm yesterday. It ended at 7:03 am this morning. Just in time for me to leave for work :)

I'll play these bad boys on a weekend when I don't have any plans.

Tonight, I think I might take another break and just watch poker on TV. With the string of beats I took this past weekend, I think I need a break.

Posted by Predator314 at 6:55 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment