Monday, November 21, 2005

A Royal Pain in the Ass!



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

If anyone has not played Royal Holdem on UB, I urge you to try it out. Then you can experience first hand what a royal pain in the ass this game can be. Thursday or Friday last week, I sit down at a table on UB thinking it was a regular $3/6 6 max game. I hadn't even heard of Royal Holdem at the time. Then I proceeded to get the biggest hands you've ever seen. I'm talking Aces, Kings, Queens, flopping straights, boats. It was unbelievable. Except for the fact that I was taking a beating. I just thought it was a sick form of variance until I figured out I was playing Royal Holdem. I managed to claw my way back to even once I figured out that straights suck donkey balls with a 20 card deck.

So I sit down at a $1/2 Royal Holdem table again today... on purpose. I started out well and was really putting a hurting on the donkeys that didn't know they were playing Royal Holdem. Then one dipshit decided to educate all the newbs that they weren't playing regular holdem. He decided to lay out the rules for them and tell them which hands were good and which weren't. I told him to do everyone a favor and shut the fuck up. There's something wrong with a person when they would rather seem like an authority than actually win some money. I experimented at the lower stakes seeing what worked and what didn't in the game. One thing I did was check/fold any time I flopped a straight (assuming no Royal opportunities). The only winning strategy I could come up with was to just try to find a table with as many people as possible thinking that they were playing regular hold 'em. It doesn't matter what strategy I've come up with. I've played my last Royal Hold 'em hand.

Another bad thing about UB spreading Royal Holdem is that all the short handed games are Royal. None of the regular holdem 6 max games were running. I sit down hoping to spark a table to start up or even play a bit of heads up, but nobody came. Hopefully all the degenerate gamblers don't flock over to the Royal tables.

I did manage to find a $2/4 game running. There was one other guy at the table that was pretty solid. However, he had no idea I was on a rush (non-royal rush). I proceeded to kick the whole table in the nuts over the course of a couple hundred hands. The cards just kept coming. I would show some interesting hands, but UB sucks and I can't get the hand histories. I'm not at my normal computer, so no little programs to capture the hand histories either. IF ANY ULTIMATE BET PERSONNEL ARE READING THIS BLOG, PUT THE MOTHERFUCKING HAND HISTORIES ON THE HARD DRIVE. JOIN THE 21ST CENTURY.

I'm going to try to play some more poker this evening. Hopefully the rush will continue. The bankroll is very healthy right now. I'll probably take an extra amount in my monthly cashout next week because of Christmas. I'll just have to wait and see. I'd like to leave as much money in their as possible because I want to move up to $5/10. However, I'll just keep at $3/6 until after the first of the year so I can improve my game and bankroll. I currently have over twice the size bankroll recommended for $5/10, but again, I'm being conservative. It's so much easier to take a 250-300BB downswing when you're not about to go broke.

I'm gonna try to sign up for a completely new neteller account this evening as well. I have multiple checking accounts, so I figure I can just tie it to one of them and move money around accordingly. After that, I can use my new Party account with rakeback. I haven't played on Party in so long. It has been nice playing on these other sites, especially Stars. I wish they had a rake rebate program. Hopefully the VIP program will be something useful.

Party just sucks balls lately. Their customer service is a nightmare. You send an email and they send you a canned response that doesn't answer your question. You call them and can't understand them. Their software is slow and shitty. Hopefully they will realize their site is becoming a scum hole and they are losing GOOD PAYING customers to better sites. I did read that Empire was suing them for that whole skins splitting fiasco. Good for Empire. Empire and Eurobet had enough business sense to lure the good paying customers away from Party.

Posted by Predator314 at 11:29 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment